700 Light Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service shares its headquarters at The Lutheran Center at Christ Church—Baltimore with Lutheran World Relief. The Lutheran Center is a six-story structure constructed in 1999 on property owned by Baltimore’s historic Christ Lutheran Church. The building is located near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor in the historic Federal Hill neighborhood, a charming area rich with history and an eclectic array of eateries and shopping venues.
View LIRS Locations in a larger map
When you visit our headquarters, please refrain from parking next door at Christ Lutheran Church.
There are numerous parking lots, garages and metered spaces near The Lutheran Center. Daily rates range from $10 to $15. The map below shows parking lots in the vicinity of The Lutheran Center with these convenient lots specially marked:
- P1=Hughes Street Parking Lot — Directly across from The Lutheran Center
- P2=Deaton Hospital Parking Garage — One block away on South Charles Street
- P3=Harbor Court Hotel Parking Garage —One block away on East Lee Street
- P4=Rusty Scupper Restaurant — Approximately ½ mile east on Key Highway
Baltimore’s Light Rail system is a quick means of transportation to Baltimore’s downtown area and points north and south. We recommend it for travel to and from the airport. You can buy an all day pass that allows you to ride the Light Rail and buses anywhere in the city until midnight. From the airport, take the Light Rail to the Camden Yards stop. From that stop, The Lutheran Center is a 15-20 minute walk or a 3-5 minute cab ride. Walk east down Conway Street for three blocks turn right onto Light Street, and The Lutheran Center is two blocks up on the right (on the corner of Key Highway and Light Street). For more detailed information visit the Maryland Mass Transit Administration online or call 410.539.5000.
Walking distances to The Lutheran Center are noted.
These hotels offer preferred rates to guests of The Lutheran Center. Mention that you are visiting Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service when booking your reservation:
- Tremonts, 0.8 mile
- Sheraton Inner Harbor, 0.4 mile
- Days Inn Inner Harbor, 0.6 mile
- Intercontinental Harbor Court Hotel, 0.1 mile
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore, 0.3 mile
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore, 0.6 mile