These resources are for host families is available for any program leader or volunteer who is hosting a migrant released from detention. They are designed to increase knowledge around the issues facing migrants today and to provide practical tools to navigate the unique challenges and joys of being a host.
- Resources to recruit volunteers:
- Tools to screen potential new volunteers:
- A 20-minute recorded webinar that can be sent to new host family volunteers to explain the immigration detention system, the population impacted, and the critical role of host families.
- Resources to support guests and volunteers:
- A survey for host families after their experience
You are meeting a desperate need to supply housing for people who are going through one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. Thank you for your compassion, generosity, and hospitality to welcome these individuals into your home and into your life.